Christmas is an ideal time to make fun sweet treats with your kids. Inspired from my daughter's creative mind and her love of real lasagne, we rolled up our sleeves and created our very own (maybe a worlds first) chocolate lasagne! Choose your favourite cereal and create the perfect dessert lasagne.
To make your very own chocolate lasagne check out the recipe below:
- Milk Chocolate
- White Chocolate
- Cereal - Cornflakes / Rice Krispies / Cheerios
- Temper both the white and milk chocolate separately. To temper chocolate: Melt three quarters of the chocolate in a bowl over warm water. Remove from the heat and add the final quarter. Stir vigorously until the chocolate is fully melted. Please note with high quality chocolate its important to temper it as, otherwise, it won't set properly.
- Add your choice of cereal to the milk chocolate and white chocolate separately. Mix thoroughly to ensure the cereal is coated with chocolate.
- Layer in a dish starting with the milk chocolate cereal mix. Then add a layer with the white chocolate cereal mix. Repeat a couple of times to get layers.
- For the topping, make a ganache with 2 parts melted white chocolate and 1 part warmed cream. Mix with a hand whisk. Pour ganache over the lasagne, this will make a smooth cover for the top.
- Decorate with sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for one hour and enjoy!