The Chocolate Garden of Ireland is Ireland’s only chocolate and ice cream factory, all under one roof. We are located 3 miles from Tullow, Co. Carlow. We welcome you to indulge in our range of delicious Award-Winning products in our chocolate and ice cream café, or to participate in some of our chocolate-making activities.
Our chocolate workshop is a multi-sensory experience which is both fun and interesting and is enjoyed by all ages; it lasts approx. 1hour 40mins and includes:
- Background to Cocoa growing, harvesting, processing and its journey to becoming chocolate;
- Tastings of different grades of chocolate throughout the workshop to keep your taste buds awake; Smell the cocoa beans and learn lots of interesting facts and figures about chocolate!
- A chocolate making demonstration showing you we make different chocolate products; and
- A hands-on chocolate-making session where you get to make and decorate your very own unique chocolate product to take home with you (including mould);
Booking is essential for workshops.
- Group Rate: Workshop (>15) €11.50 (normally €13.50) – 1 hr 40 mins duration
- Group Rate: Mould-Making & Ice Cream €12 – c.30 mins duration
- Group Rate: Tea/Coffee & Biscuits €3; Tea/Coffee & Scones €4.00
Note: All groups must be pre-booked. Tel. 059 6481999
Make a day of it…..
Rathwood (next door) is an award-winning lifestyle retail outlet with restaurant and train-ride through the adjacent woodlands, which are also accessible for walks.
Rathgall Hillfort (‘Ring of the Rath’) is a beautiful ancient archaeological site 1.5 miles away by road with stunning view of the surrounding countryside; parking only for 1 26-seater bus at entrance. Not suitable for mobility impaired.
Altamont Gardens, c.7 miles away, stunning lake walk (accessible) and river walk for the more adventurous.
Delta Sensory Gardens, 20mins away in Carlow. Multi-sensory designed gardens to appeal to all the senses.
Wild Irish Crafts, pressed flower workshops, contact Mary for more information: 053 9429286.