We regret that during Covid-19 restrictions, on-site group activities are currently suspended. When seated café/restaurant activity resumes, afternoon teas and chocolate mould-making sessions may be booked in on 059-6481999.
The Chocolate Garden of Ireland is Ireland’s only chocolate and ice cream factory, all under one roof. We are located 3 miles from Tullow, Co. Carlow. We welcome you to indulge in our range of delicious Award-Winning products in our chocolate and ice cream cafe, or to participate in some of our chocolate-making activities.
Our chocolate workshop is a multi-sensory experience which is both fun and interesting and is enjoyed by all ages; it lasts approx. 1hour 40mins and includes:
- Background to Cocoa growing, harvesting, processing and its journey to becoming chocolate;
- Tastings of different grades of chocolate throughout the workshop to keep your taste buds awake; Smell the cocoa beans and learn lots of interesting facts and figures about chocolate!
- A chocolate making demonstration showing you we make different chocolate products; and
- A hands-on chocolate-making session where you get to make and decorate your very own unique chocolate product to take home with you (including mould);
Booking is essential for workshops.
- Group Rate: Workshop (>15) €11.50 (normally €13.50), 1 hr 40 mins duration
- Group Rate: Mould-Making & Ice Cream €12, 30 mins duration
- Group Rate: Tea/Coffee & Biscuits €3; Tea/Coffee & Scones €4.00
Note: All groups must be pre-booked. Tel. 059 6481999
Make a day of it…
Rathwood (next door) is an award-winning lifestyle retail outlet with restaurant and train-ride through the adjacent woodlands, which are also accessible for walks.
Rathgall Hillfort (Ring of the Rath) is a beautiful ancient archaeological site 1.5 miles away by road with stunning view of the surrounding countryside; parking only for 1 26-seater bus at entrance. Not suitable for mobility impaired.
Altamont Gardens, 7 miles away, stunning lake walk (accessible) and river walk for the more adventurous.
Delta Sensory Gardens, 20mins away in Carlow. Multi-sensory designed gardens to appeal to all the senses.
Wild Irish Crafts, pressed flower workshops, contact Mary for more information: 053 9429286.